Sunday, July 13, 2014

Ready to Jump

Today I had a sudden moment of clarity. During the World Cup final pregame talk show I realized what I was watching: two bald men talking passionately about people poking a faux-leather bag of air around a grass pitch with their feet really fast.

The reason for this brief moment of sobriety is as follows: Tomorrow a plane will take me and my girlfriend to UK for six weeks. We're pretty much jumping straight in. All we have is our backpacks filled with life's necessities, a few ideas of where to go and an itch, a tingle of excitement that makes your neck hair stand up and your stomach flutter. 

Then the moment passed. After all, this is the world championship of poking a bag of air really fast around a grass pitch with your feet we're talking about.

But there is the itch.

It's going to be awesome.

(PS: Yay, Germany!)

No comments:

Post a Comment